Dec. 16, 2018 (gifts due back) – The St. Jane Frances Giving Tree will be placed in church by Thanksgiving weekend. Each Advent, our parishioners are asked to help those who are less fortunate by anonymously purchasing gifts for them for Christmas. To help you help them, we contact some local organizations and ask what they need. Then the youth from YCL spend an afternoon creating individual labels for each item. The result is our Giving Tree!
Please consider taking a gift tag (or two or three) and purchasing the gift listed. Simply bring it back unwrapped and drop it off in the basement of the church. The YCL kids will do the rest! For those who want to participate but find shopping difficult, there are also tags for monetary donations.
Please return all gifts or donations by Sunday, Dec. 16th so that we can distribute them to the charities in time for Christmas.
This year’s Giving Tree charities are:
- Mary’s Center – a Catholic Pregnancy Center in Maryland serving Glen Burnie, Hagerstown, and surrounding areas
- Happy Helpers for the Homeless – an all-volunteer organization bringing love and necessities directly to homeless and poverty-stricken men, women, and children every Saturday and Sunday no matter the weather and including holidays.
- North County Emergency Outreach Network (NCEON) – a Christian organization providing assistance in the areas of court-ordered evictions, utility shut-off notices, fuel, medications, special emergency situations, budget counseling, pastoral counseling, shopping assistance, referrals, intervention programs for battered persons, and homeless programs.
- Chrysalis House – provides substance use and mental health treatment services for women 18 years of age and older, while allowing their children to live onsite during their mother’s program of recovery.
- Holden Hall – a Catholic Charities long-term housing program for 14 formerly homeless, disabled men. We also provide counseling, life and social skills training, and financial management training.