A Knight of Columbus is a Practical Catholic Man
Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to men 18 years of age or older who are practical (that is; practicing) Catholics in union with the Holy See. This means that an applicant or member accepts the teaching authority of the Catholic Church on matters of faith and morals, aspires to live in accord with the precepts of the Catholic Church, and is in good standing in the Catholic Church.
Reasons to Join the Knights of Columbus
- Join a band of brothers, a network of men in communities around the world dedicated to corporal works of mercy in the service of God and our neighbor.
- Share in the sense of pride all Knights feel in knowing that their Order is second to none in support of our Holy Father, our bishops and priests; in working for our fellow man, and especially those most in need.
- Support your Parish by putting your Catholic faith into action.
- Be a part of the New Evangelization.
- Reach out to meet community needs through programs of charity and service and deepen your faith through volunteerism.
- Give back to your community by putting your principles and ideals into action.
- Work with people who have similar beliefs, values, and interests.
- Uphold Catholic teaching by defending marriage, families and building a culture of life.
- Build and strengthen Catholic fellowship among families.
- Provide for the financial security of our members and their families through our Fraternal Benefits program.
Too busy to join? No problem!
YOU DECIDE when and how much time you can volunteer. We provide lots of opportunities to help out with worthy causes, but YOU decide how much time you can commit and which events. Many hands make light work, so bring your talents to our council in whatever way you can.
Opportunities to Volunteer Include:
- Bingo (2 Monday nights each month)
- Lenten Fish Frys
- Tootsie Roll drives
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day breakfasts
- Sunday fellowships
- Pancake breakfasts
- annual Golf Tournament
- annual Crab Feast
- occasional church maintenance (when requested)
- Outdoor nativity set up and storage
- 1 business and 1 social meeting each month
- Misc. duties for the benefit of our council
Everything we do is for the betterment of our community, parish, and country as well as building a comradery among our council members. We are all Catholic men who can get together and have the same faith. Where else can you work for a good cause as well as socialize with men of your same faith? We are almost 2 million men strong throughout the world, and we are a special organization that is recognized worldwide.
Want to become a Knight?
If you are a practical Catholic man, age 18 or older, we welcome you to join the largest organization of Catholic laymen worldwide.
Here are the steps in becoming a Knight of Columbus:
- Be a practical Catholic man 18 years of age or older.
- Contact Grand Knight John Collins at 410-585-5720.
- Have a conversation with him about the Knights of Columbus in your community.
- Browse our Council’s website and the Supreme Council’s site for more information on the Knights of Columbus as a whole.
- Complete a Membership Document – the Knight who contacts you will be able to give you one.
- Upon approval, attend the next initiation ceremony held in our area